• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadrunner carpet

inri

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've read online that the nylon carpets wear better and the color stays longer than the original OEM carpet. I've read some of the debates, original vs not too. The carpet in my car is worn and faded and I need to replace it. I'm not sure if it's original or not nor do I care. Any recommendations on where to go to get an OEM looking interior carpet that wears great and the color lasts?

My car isn't a nut and bolt matching numbers restoration. Just want a great quality piece.

Thanks in advance!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I put a Trim Parts carpet in my 300 and I really liked it. 100% Nylon.

http://trimparts.com/

It fit much better than the faded Legendary carpet I took out. It's been in two years worth of convertible driving and the color still looks great.

Ranger

Reaction score
I just replaced mine last summer with one from Legendary Auto Interiors, so I can't speak for color fastness or wear, but so far the only complaint is that I wish they put a vinyl pad on the trans tunnel to protect the carpet fraying from your foot on the accelerator. OEM probably didn't have it so that's most likely the reason this one doesn't. Other than that, it was a perfect color match.

inri

Reaction score
I put a Trim Parts carpet in my 300 and I really liked it. 100% Nylon.

http://trimparts.com/

It fit much better than the faded Legendary carpet I took out. It's been in two years worth of convertible driving and the color still looks great.

Big John,

Their website states the carpet is made a little long. How much cutting did you have to do with the carpet to fit it? Is it just a little long on the sides (sill plates) where you can tuck it in?

Thanks.

Ranger

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I had to trim mine in both length & width. Had to cut out the shifter hole, dimmer switch hole as well as gas pedal and seat bolt holes.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) is the best fitting as far as being pre-formed. I've done 4 RoadRunners with them. I tried a Trim carpet recently in my 69 Barracuda fastback and it was a joke. It was virtually flat. I couldn't get my money back from Dante because I waited too long. I couldn't sell it and ended up taking it to the landfill! It was a lot more expensive than a Bbody carpet. I definitely have sour grapes about Trim carpets!

Last edited:

Big John

Reaction score
Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) is the best fitting as far as being pre-formed. I've done 4 RoadRunners with them. I tried a Trim carpet recently in my 69 Barracuda fastback and it was a joke. It was virtually flat. I couldn't get my money back from Dante because I waited too long. I couldn't sell it and ended up taking it to the landfill! It was a lot more expensive than a Bbody carpet. I definitely have sour grapes about Trim carpets!

That's funny... I thought Dante was a Legendary dealer.

The Trim Parts carpet for my 300 fit great and I've done a bunch of carpets over the years. The best fit was a custom made carpet for my A12. The local guy stitched it up out of a nicer cut pile carpet. That carpet lasted more than 25 years! The only reason the new owner replaced it was he didn't like the material.

Last edited:

Big John

Reaction score
Big John,

Their website states the carpet is made a little long. How much cutting did you have to do with the carpet to fit it? Is it just a little long on the sides (sill plates) where you can tuck it in?

Thanks.

It was quite a bit longer, but that's fine. I've done ACC carpet in a Roadrunner that was too short to fit. That was many years ago though, so they are probably better now. Any carpet will need to be trimmed. You just have to get it in place and kind of sneak up on it, trimming some and then doing a finish trim.

Here's a tip... use a soldering iron to put the seatbelt anchor holes in.

inri

Reaction score
It was quite a bit longer, but that's fine. I've done ACC carpet in a Roadrunner that was too short to fit. That was many years ago though, so they are probably better now. Any carpet will need to be trimmed. You just have to get it in place and kind of sneak up on it, trimming some and then doing a finish trim.

Here's a tip... use a soldering iron to put the seatbelt anchor holes in.

Big John,

Thanks for the brilliant tip. Would the soldering iron also work for the seatbolt anchors and other bolts/screws that will come through the carpet and pad?

Big John

Reaction score
Yep, every hole that you need to put in the carpet. That's the way I do it.

Big John

Reaction score
Took awhile to clean the iron but it works great

Yea... Best to buy a cheap iron somewhere. I used one of my good Weller irons and it cleaned up, but I wish I hadn't used it.

It does work great though.

Back