• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller Cam or Flat Cam

Collin

Reaction score
Time to pick out the cam shaft, the new block came with a Sig Erson camshaft Mopar 383 model Hi Flow 1H. Never been ran, should I take this out to swap with a roller cam? What are you guys running?? And what are your cam specs?

I want a real aggresive rumble at idle but want response and low end torque. So somethin that would meet about half way in both aspects.

moparchris

Reaction score
I actually ran that same grind in my 440 in a Duster years ago.( Back when SuperShops was still in business) I liked it, it had a great idle but didnt make very good vacuum. If your going to run power brakes you might want to go with something else. It also made great power but I ran a 3000 rpm stall and 3.55 gears and ran low 12's in a Duster. If you already have it why not run it? Just remember, as with all flat tappets, break it in with the outer springs only and use a flat tappet only motor oil such as Brad Penn oil.

Collin

Reaction score
I have no power brakes so that might not an issue. I have 3.91s in the rear end as well.

Back