• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ronnie Sox Memorial die cast car

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Trolling the net I visted here http://www.ronniesox.com and found a die cast of the Sox-Martin 6BBL car and even though I quit buying die cast cars (too many of them) I broke down and bought one because it looked so sharp, it was $70 and is 1 of 1000 made so potential it may be a good deal as a collectable too, and the profits go to St.Jude. The main reason I'm plugging it here is that in this day and age of getting a purchase jammed in a box and no note of thanks Diane Sox wrote me a nice letter of appreciation I thought that taking the time to do something like that is pretty classy. anyhow just thought I'd share it with you and say the site is worth a browse.

6bblsox01.jpg

6bblsox02.jpg

6bblsox03.jpg

6bblsox04.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That is a class act to have someone write a personal letter of thanks. It's that kind of thing that lets you know that your money is going somewhere where it really is appreciated. And the car looks good too!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Nice note - you'd expect nothing less from that family - they exude class.

I have a S&M Hemi Duster Pro Stocker that is autographed by Ronnie. One of my favorite die cast cars.

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
A friend told me a story the other day.

A number of years ago, he was sitting in a restaurant in Columbus, eating breakfast before heading off to the Mopar Nationals for the day. There was a guy sitting at the counter next to him and they struck up a conversation. After talking for a while, someone walked by and said, "hey Ronnie" and it was then that he realized that he was talking to Ronnie Sox.

He said he was just a real nice down to earth guy.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I got a hand written note also when I bought a raffle ticket for the hemi give away, class act!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing when reading the first post. The Sox's are an example of "Class". Ronnie was supposed to be at The Chrysler Classic at Norwalk, and I made plans to go and get something off Freebird signed. That was the year he got really sick and didn't make the show.

Back