• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sail panels (rear of headliner)

bstan70rr

Reaction score
i went to install my year one sail panels, and they are huuuuuuuuuuuuge. i am going to ask the obvious question "were they made to be trimmed", or is there a difference between post and no post cars????

i am fairly sure that i have to take off the rear door panels. i have not done this before, and I have not even looked at it yet. easy job???

and i am not sure the mounting tabs match up.....uggg!

anybody have any insight? the car did not come with sail panels or mounting clips.

droptop

Reaction score
Are the panels the same on Dodge and Plymouth? I do know there are a lot of differnces in this area on the differnt models becasue of the longer wheel base on the Dodges. I really can't help you out on this one, becasue "my back window has a zipper". :lmao:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Next to a 69 Charger 500 the 69 RR drop top would be my favorite. Until then this toy fits the bill. Remember it it far better to be blown!! But then again you can Zip down your rear.

Hey, let's get back on track.

What about those sail panels?

dobie

Reaction score
Here's another sail panel question... Did hardtops and coupes both have sail boards? Or just coupes, or what? In looking at Year One's site they list them for coupes, but not hardtops.

Any ideas?

andy69

Reaction score
Ive just fitted a set just make sure u have them the right way up and left and right etc the bottom overhang tucks under the parcel shelf and the adjacent overhang goes under the beading of the rear window now the front part the most narrow part tucks underneath .....see easy.....it took me a while just to work out which side they went...good luck....if it helps i can send photos....cheers.....and if you get pissed off just have a beer and come back tomorrow,

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They look big but when they take on the bow of the roof they do fit. Mine were from Legendary :thumbsup:

bstan70rr

Reaction score
I initially had them on the wrong side. They fit a lot better when you put them on the correct side. LOL!!!

Unscrew the top of the metal door panel, pry it out just a bit, and they fit right in.

I gave up on the mounting brackets and put a screw and cap towards the top.

Back