• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sail panels

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Hey All,
Can this be repaired with a new piece of masonite? And glue the old material on the new piece?
I have a new headliner with the old sale panels. The material matches fine it’s just sagging a little bit and the Masonite/cardboard is warped.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
This is how it came out
New piece of hard cardboard.
I embedded the clip through the cardboard.
Hopfully it holds

IMG_6827.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Should be pressed board. It is sad that over years it falls apart. The replacement is punched for your clips. I aligned mine then used contact cement to keep them in place. Are you having fun yet. Did you finely find all your air grabber parts.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Should be pressed board. It is sad that over years it falls apart. The replacement is punched for your clips. I aligned mine then used contact cement to keep them in place. Are you having fun yet. Did you finely find all your air grabber parts.
I did not buy any air grabber parts yet am I having fun? Yeah I’m having a blast. Here’s a picture of the finished product it’s OK. I’m not a professional interior guy.
Also, this was stamped on my backseat, sixth of 69 my car was built in September I guess the seats were made in June

IMG_6836.png

IMG_6831.png

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It is worth a try. After applying my new head liner had some areas that where a bit loose and it took the slack out. Don't know if it will work on older liners.:thumbsup2:

Back