Seat belt holes?

bobbyb

Reaction score
Hello, I just joined this site and thought I would share what I found in my Runner as I am disassembling it for a resto. I suppose its no big deal, but intresting or odd to me. I had taken the seats out and noticed there was no visible holes for the front seat belts. The rear belts were in place, so it should have holes for the front ones. After getting a screwdriver I started poking around on the floor where the holes should be and noticed a hollow sound in that area. I dug a little harder and pryed up a piece of sheetmetal 2"x2" covering the holes, and it looked like they stuck on with undercoating. It just seemed odd that someone would do this. :huh: Anyway thats all, Thanks.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site Bobby...and where's the pics? No excuse about it not being worthy, just a rusty project,etc...there are guys on here that will hunt you down and sleep on your doorstep waiting for pics...........
It never ceases to amaze me what you can find in an old car.

bobbyb

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
sounds like the floors were replaced and no holes
Its the original floor complete with rust holes and sheetmetal patches in the front floor boards. After I removed the the 2x2" pieces off the seat belt holes, there I found the original holes that somebody just covered up. :huh:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome to the site Bobby...and where's the pics? No excuse about it not being worthy, just a rusty project,etc...there are guys on here that will hunt you down and sleep on your doorstep waiting for pics...........
It never ceases to amaze me what you can find in an old car.

Welcome Bobby!

If you have read more than a dozen posts on here then I think that you have probably already figured out who it is that might be inclined to "hunt you down and sleep on your doorstep waiting for pics." If not, I just gave you a dump truck-sized clue with the color used to highlight that quote... :D

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome Bobby good to have you on here. I'm kind of the quiet one on here, I poke my nose in here once and awhile and let the chatty Cathie's take care of business. :yesnod:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Welcome Bobby good to have you on here. I'm kind of the quiet one on here, I poke my nose in here once and awhile and let the chatty Cathie's take care of business. :yesnod:

He is VERY quiet, Bobby. Apparently someone else logs on here using his screen name and runs up his post count... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

He is VERY quiet, Bobby. Apparently someone else logs on here using his screen name and runs up his post count... :lol:

and just who is the only member here with a 957 page post on his car..... :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (pat pend)

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:toetap: The quiet one? 2769 post is sticking your nose in once in a while? :toetap: Some would call that, ratchet jaw, 1st class! :devil:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
What did I say :basketcase:
Do the words' "I'm kind of the quiet one on here," and "I poke my nose in here once and awhile," said by the man with almost 2800 posts, sound familiar? :jester:

Back