• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

senate voted against gun control bill......was too close

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
At 4:27PM the Senate voted against the proposed Toomey-Manchin “compromise” gun bill which was to be added to the Democrat’s gun bill as an amendment.

The amendment needed 60 votes to pass and was defeated with a vote of 46-54 during a roll call vote presided over by Vice President Joe Biden.

This is viewed as a huge setback for gun control as the Toomey-Manchin amendment was viewed as the only piece of bi-partisan legislation thought to have a chance to pass the Senate.

Any gun control would have a tough going in the GOP controlled House of Representatives.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid casts the last NO vote for the amendment, allowing him to bring the matter up again.

According to POLITICO,

Reid will hold a press conference Wednesday afternoon where he is expected to announce he will pull the gun bill from the Senate floor after the amendment process plays out. None of the controversial amendments are expected to pass, according to Democratic and Republican senators and aides.

His anticipated decision to pull the underlying bill leaves open the possibility that it will come up for floor action at a later date. Manchin and the bill’s supporters would then have more time to try to garner support for a future attempt to pass their proposal.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
then i see obama on tv saying they lied to him that they were going to vote for gun control.....bullshit on him

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Temper tantrum and once again very unpresidential :yesnod:

Look who his constituents are...bunch of malcontents on welfare...they eat that sh*t up... Just like when biden behaved the same way during the debate with Ryan. Classless bunch of knuckle-draggers that think that THEY are the enlightened ones...

:soap: :soap: :soap:

dobie

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Temper tantrum and once again very unpresidential :yesnod:

Look who his constituents are...bunch of malcontents on welfare...they eat that sh*t up... Just like when biden behaved the same way during the debate with Ryan. Classless bunch of knuckle-draggers that think that THEY are the enlightened ones...

:soap: :soap: :soap:

Well said, Ray. I couldn't agree more.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hey Piers Morgan!!! Delta called about your flight home.....They want to know if that will be one bag or two?

Don't worry. AR-15 Gun Owners Of America will pick up the $25.00 extra bag fee.

Bub Bye Asshat!!!!!!

[attachment=0:3cwbqpl5]547172_592775294068134_589878328_n.jpg[/attachment:3cwbqpl5]

547172_592775294068134_589878328_n.jpg

jays69bird

Reaction score
Obama was pissed because the Dem's control the Senate and it didn't pass,if it failed in the House then Obama could blame the Republicans.

Back