• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending units on vacation?

woodwiz

Reaction score
Hey my temp,oil and amp gauges are working/not working on the 70RR. Going to check the sending units first. The oil pressure gauge shows a flickering 20psi even on fast idle and the temp gauge does not come up. The amp gauge bounces to the + side if i rev the motor and or step on the brake pedal..(now thats weird). Anyone got any ideas for these issues?
I'd like to rip out all this OLD wiring and re-wire it but that could be costly...any ideas there also?
thanks!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Would clean every thing going to the bulk head connector and it also. Then coat it with Die electric grease. Check to see if you have a good ground to frame.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since they are all acting up check the voltage limiter. Could be loose where it pops into the PCB or could be (going) bad. Should have 5V on the output side.
It's unlikely that all of the sending units would start acting up simultaneously. Look for common denominators.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Heard about testing to see if the sending unit is bad or the gauge. Took the wire off the temp sending unit and hooked a ground wire to it and ground it to frame,turned the ignition to on and the gauge should have pegged to max...but it did not. Does that eliminate the sending unit and dump it on the gauge? Or could it be crappy wiring?

Back