She made it home

JJRJR

Reaction score
Well after all that she made it home today. Ran great. Running a bit hot, about 210 or so. A product called Water Wetter was recommended? Any thoughts? Also, do I need to run a 50/50 mixture in Florida? I'm hearing that 100% water runs cooler that the 50/50 mix and that running 100% with the Water Wetter runs much cooler than all other combinations.

One more question. There is a fuel line that comes from the fuel line up to the carb. The line runs between the distributor and the upper radiator hose and actually touches the hose. Is there a better set up? That area is now wrapped in a foil-like product to protect from heat, but I'm thinking it would be better still if not touching the radiator hose?

Thanks guys,

John

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Well after all that she made it home today. Ran great. Running a bit hot, about 210 or so. A product called Water Wetter was recommended? Any thoughts? Also, do I need to run a 50/50 mixture in Florida? I'm hearing that 100% water runs cooler that the 50/50 mix and that running 100% with the Water Wetter runs much cooler than all other combinations.

One more question. There is a fuel line that comes from the fuel line up to the carb. The line runs between the distributor and the upper radiator hose and actually touches the hose. Is there a better set up? That area is now wrapped in a foil-like product to protect from heat, but I'm thinking it would be better still if not touching the radiator hose?

Thanks guys,

John
Mine touches also and it doesn't seem to affect it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
good to hear. I've heard of the Water Wetter, and have been meaning to try it out.

mcmopar

Reaction score
50/50 on the coolant would be better vs. 100% water only. Not familiar with the Water Wetter.

zupanj

Reaction score
I would use 50:50 coolant:water. It has greater heat capacity than straight water and the additives in antifreeze protect the cooling system. I would also recommend Water Wetter. I have been using it for 10 years now and I think it helps a lot. It is simply a detergent mix that lowers the surface tension of water allowing better contact with the block surfaces which makes for more efficient cooling.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
zupanj said:
I would use 50:50 coolant:water. It has greater heat capacity than straight water and the additives in antifreeze protect the cooling system. I would also recommend Water Wetter. I have been using it for 10 years now and I think it helps a lot. It is simply a detergent mix that lowers the surface tension of water allowing better contact with the block surfaces which makes for more efficient cooling.
:yeathat:

JJRJR

Reaction score
zupanj said:

I've heard the same. Going to try a bottle with my 50/50 mix to see how it works.

Thanks,

John

V269

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
I wouldn't recommend straight water for street use . It promotes rust and offers no lubricity to your pump seals. Not a good idea. :cents:
It also boils out easier than a coolant mix. :yesnod:

Back