• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shock plates

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
OK, So these shock/spring plates arrived at my house today.

They look great other than one seems bent. The stud the shock mounts to is about 1/4 higher (or the other one is 1/4 lower). Please tell me if this is ok or not.

I realize the pic is blurry but you can see what I mean.

[attachment=0:1qldl6fb]shock plates.jpg[/attachment:1qldl6fb]

shock plates.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Thanks Marty, I'm not sure I want to, I just purchased 'em. Would you install them as is?
Depends on how much angle it puts on your shock bushing. Hold it in place under the car and see if the shock is at about the same angle. It only takes 5 minutes with a vice a torch and a large adjustable open end to tweak that plate

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
roadrunnerh said:
Thanks Marty, I'm not sure I want to, I just purchased 'em. Would you install them as is?
Depends on how much angle it puts on your shock bushing. Hold it in place under the car and see if the shock is at about the same angle. It only takes 5 minutes with a vice a torch and a large adjustable open end to tweak that plate
What Bob said. Shouldn't be a big deal to correct. :thumbsup:

Back