• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocks

TOMRR

Reaction score
Need a recommendation for a real good shock for my 1969 RR . I have Napa shocks on it now and even thought I clamped the Leaf springs (Clamping Helped Some ) I still get a little hop from the rear on take off . I have adjusted the clutch and feel that is not the problem. So I thinking a Better Quietly Shock my help

Thanks Tom C.

stevo

Reaction score
I would look into longer rear shocks.
Mopar Performance Drag Racing Rear Shock Absorber
Item #: MOPP4529514

I have them on my RR, work awesome and they are on sale too!

TOMRR

Reaction score
I would look into longer rear shocks.
Mopar Performance Drag Racing Rear Shock Absorber
Item #: MOPP4529

I have them on my RR, work awesome and they are on sale too!

I checked with Mancini and they are on back order, Is there any other place I might look?

stevo

Reaction score
I got mine through a dealer.
it's a mopar part.
might be worth a try.
or other direct connection part people.
also if you feel like digging, I have been told some of the truck shocks work great as well.
sorry not sure of the year/part number.
that's what you are basically getting.
good luck

TOMRR

Reaction score
Called Local Dodge dealer and they can get the Mopar Drag Racing Shocks MOPP4529514 , In about a week $32.60 each plus Tax

snook

Reaction score
Rancho 9000's are a great choice (as mentioned above) and if you go to caltracs, you can keep them.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Monroe load leveler shocks

The upper shock mounts on these cars wont take much weight and back in the stone ages when I was a youngster I tried those and developed wheel hop also. Good luck.

djais1801

Reaction score
The upper shock mounts on these cars wont take much weight and back in the stone ages when I was a youngster I tried those and developed wheel hop also. Good luck.

well...the only thing i plan on carrying back there is the original spare, and some lawn chairs...maybe my wife :)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was referring to the weight of the car alone. The cross member they bolt to tend to come loose with air and over load shocks, not always, just look at what your asking to carry weight.

Coyote

Reaction score
I've had good luck with KYB Gasadjust. I've got 'em on the Satellite (hooks hard on drag radials), my F--d Lightning truck, and my '55 Brand "C" that I AutoX and drag. Super Happy with them!

p.s. It's my understanding that they use a higher gas pressure than other gas shocks. Don't let them get away from you when installing. You'll need to use a jack to get them in (ask me how I know).:lol:

Last edited:
Back