• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocks

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Well, I completed the shock replacement on my Roadrunner. I went with the Edelbrock IAS Classic all the way around - just got the front shocks on this week, the rear about a month ago. The "classic" ones are a steel grey color with small Edelbrock old school logo sticker. The regular IAS are RED....

I really like the way the car handles, nice in turns and the ride is nice as well.
I thought I would post this info with my opinion - for what it's worth. They are a little expensive, but I think they are worth it. :cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now that's not something I would've thought Edelbrock would be making.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I put them on everything. I find them worth the extra $$$$$$$ which is a lot.

Best price is usually at Summit

The rears were too short on a 68 Charger 4 speed and caused wheel hop. Might not be bad on an auto car.

They are nice pieces that are made in the USA, something I always strive to buy if at all possible(see my EBC Brakes saga).

Are the gray ones any different on the inside?

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
No difference between red and gray other than the color, same price too.
I got mine through Summit $76.95 each, but I used a 10% off "source code" = 2RETYV
so the total for these front two I put on was $150.45 shipping included.

Back