• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoot, it wasn't brake fluid but gear oil

nicanor

Reaction score
Thanks for following along. After pulling the tire we found out there was no brake fluid leak but an axle seal must have let loose because there was gear oil all over the brakes, tire and brake drum. So now I'll have to change brakes and axle seals.

Somebody at a traffic light got out of their car and gave me their card asking if I wanted to sell the RR or trade it for a Corvette. Still not interested, but its an awareness that there are those out there that still want a RR.

When it rains it pours. :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Be careful not to lose the special lock on the pass side. Pretty sure they aren't made by anybody.
I believe your right on that. The diff I just finished had a bad adjuster so I stole the one off the 8 3/4 I'm saving for my valiant and figured it would get green bearings instead. Prior to that idea I shopped around for one and other than e-bag I couldn't find one.

Back