• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Social Security Raise Retirement Age?

inri

Reaction score
Here's one comment from the link I found pretty funny:

"Why don't we stop beating around the bush and just raise the freaking SS retirement age to 700. It's a win-win. The government gets our money and never has to pay it because we all die before we can claim the benefit. Well, maybe that's a lose for us."

Roadcuda

Reaction score
At the rate I'm going now I'll have top keep going until I'm 70 so what difference will it make? :brickwall:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i grabbed it at 62....why....i could drop dead tomorrow.....you never know whats down the road......enjoy life before it happens

inri

Reaction score
i grabbed it at 62....why....i could drop dead tomorrow.....you never know whats down the road......enjoy life before it happens

My dad also grabbed it at 62. And you're right anyone could drop dead at anytime.
Funny how one can find numerous articles online informing us that waiting until one is age 70 to get the MOST money is better than taking it early and getting a reduced amount! LOL

I think I read it could take 12 years for the difference to be made up.
If my money that I contribute to SS is still there in another 30 - 40 years I plan on taking it at the first opportunity. Get it while it can be gotten.

Aside from Social Security being nothing more than the largest legal PONZI scheme ever, one way to make it work is to change it:

Each person has their own account that draws interest and their money every pay period/year is put in that account. When that person is 62 they have free access to their account that has 100% of their money in it?!

What say you?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
i

Aside from Social Security being nothing more than the largest legal PONZI scheme ever, one way to make it work is to change it:

Each person has their own account that draws interest and their money every pay period/year is put in that account. When that person is 62 they have free access to their account that has 100% of their money in it?!

What say you?

I thought that years ago. Just make it so you can't get to it untill 60-65.

Back