• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

social security

gunnar

Reaction score
An "Entitlement???"

-----------------------------------

What the hell is wrong here?

Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over your working life, that’s close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working (me) you’d have $892,919.98.. If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you’d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever did.

-----

Entitlement my ass , I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout !! Congressional benefits , aka. free healthcare , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call my retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down..............

Someone please tell me what 's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey . And now Pakistan home of bin Laden.. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of bucks and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

The Congress and lamestream news media now call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment -etc,etc.

YET.......................
They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I could quit working and yous guys could take care of me :jester:
lets not even go there :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

69B5

Reaction score
I was raised on a dairy farm and still live in a dairy community.
The owners of these farms say they have to hire mexican help because they can'y get anyone other than mexicans to work for them
And I know why
These farmers give the mexicans free housing, free cable tv, free transpotation to the store, free transpotation to the doctor's or any other place they may want to go, free milk and in some cases free meat, etc. and pay them atleast mim. wage.
These farmers don't do these things for our american workers. Who would have to pay for housing, tv, transportation, food, etc. on mim. wage!!!! Out of their own pocket!!!
Wake up America!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69B5 said:
I was raised on a dairy farm and still live in a dairy community.
The owners of these farms say they have to hire mexican help because they can'y get anyone other than mexicans to work for them
And I know why
These farmers give the mexicans free housing, free cable tv, free transpotation to the store, free transpotation to the doctor's or any other place they may want to go, free milk and in some cases free meat, etc. and pay them atleast mim. wage.
These farmers don't do these things for our american workers. Who would have to pay for housing, tv, transportation, food, etc. on mim. wage!!!! Out of their own pocket!!!
Wake up America!!!
I have no problem with immigrant workers we need them as long as they follow the same laws as in the past. Get a work Visa, otherwise your illegal and don't deserve crap. My post above was about the free loaders that take advantage of the system but I don't think you were going there anyways

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
I have no problem with immigrant workers we need them as long as they follow the same laws as in the past. Get a work Visa, otherwise your illegal and don't deserve crap. My post above was about the free loaders that take advantage of the system but I don't think you were going there anyways[/quote]

I agree with you Bob, the only difference I see today is this. When my ancestors came to America way back when, they came here to become contributing Americans. They became citizens and were proud to be. Today, and sadly I think this applies mostly to immigrants from south/central America, people come here to basically rape our economy. Most of their earning are sent back to where they came from. They'll shack up twenty in a house just to keep costs down just so they can have a villa in Peru. Even the one's that "earned" their citizenship show zero loyalty to this land and refuse to acknowledge the USA as their country. It seems as though they just went through the motions to avoid deportation. Motives have changed for the worse I feel. :cents:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What really pisses me off is immigrants coming here and collecting SS benefits when they didn't pay a nickel into the system!!! Who the hell thought this was a good idea???!!! Cut 'em off and make 'em pay every single red cent back...!!!

:soap: :soap: :soap:

69B5

Reaction score
Hi Bob
I guess I did get a bit off track
But maybe not
I agree 100% with what you said

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69B5 said:
Hi Bob
I guess I did get a bit off track
But maybe not
I agree 100% with what you said
I don't have a problem as long as you agree with me :lmao: :lmao: I know where your coming from. There are jobs as you described that most folks would not do unless you grew up in it and it was part of your daily chores. But get a visa and learn the language and if you pay into the system you should get something back, but not the whole family when they sneak in.

Back