• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark Plug Wires?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
What wires are you guys running? Im going to be changing over the a MP Electronic Ignition over the winter and starting my shopping list. Im looking to find a set that will work good with the stock exhaust manifolds, and have good lenghts for my 383.

Bob

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Firecore 50 wires. I was gonna try a set myself.

zupanj

Reaction score
I have a set of MSD on the 383 and I think they are pretty good. They look good too.

Jack

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ken King said:
Mine are 8mm accel wires. No problems since I had them. :thumbsup:
Same here. I got the black ones and removed the lettering from them with Wal-Mart carb cleaner and a rag so they would look like stock wires. They've been on the car 6 years (it has tti headers) and I've not had a problem with them.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
About 6 years ago, I purchased the Mopar Performance orange wires - the lengths were screwed up! The coil wire was waaaaay long and one of the wires was off by a few inches. Luckily my buddy had a nice used set and I copped 2 of his wires.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got a hodge-podge: Taylor on the '74 Duster & Camaro, MSD on the Chevelle, some mickey mouse crap from autozone on the Swinger, and an old Mallory set on the RR that was present when I bought it. Couldn't even tell you what's on the leaning tower of power in the green Duster... I like the Taylor universal kits - you can make them fit REALLY nice.

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I've got a hodge-podge: Taylor on the '74 Duster & Camaro, MSD on the Chevelle, some mickey mouse crap from autozone on the Swinger, and an old Mallory set on the RR that was present when I bought it. Couldn't even tell you what's on the leaning tower of power in the green Duster... I like the Taylor universal kits - you can make them fit REALLY nice.

:jester:
one of the moderators over at DC.com sell firecore wires . great stuff

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting construction - I quickly checked out the website... Are they somewhat stiff due to the materials used?

Nice pics of a 97 A12 RR and a Charger 500 on there...

Anybody know any ballpark pricing?

Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Interesting construction - I quickly checked out the website... Are they somewhat stiff due to the materials used?

Nice pics of a 97 A12 RR and a Charger 500 on there...

Anybody know any ballpark pricing?

Ray
stock manifold style is on sale right now for 80.00 header style 105.00 standard price

if you want some i can hook you up with fireman ron on dc.com

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Where are the FireCore wires on sale for $80? are those the 8.0mm or 8.5mm? Its my understanding that only the 8.0mm will fit the factory holders....

Also, any idea how much longer the coil wire is? I got a DP4B Intake and it will end up mounting the coil a little more to the driver side then stock...

moparstuart

Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
Where are the FireCore wires on sale for $80? are those the 8.0mm or 8.5mm? Its my understanding that only the 8.0mm will fit the factory holders....

Also, any idea how much longer the coil wire is? I got a DP4B Intake and it will end up mounting the coil a little more to the driver side then stock...
80 for the stock manifold style only , I will try to get rons email adress for you

Back