• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stamped steel rockers

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
On the original stamped steel rocker bars is there a right and a left or are they universal??
Someone told me the oiler holes need to point to the valves. I cannot figure there would be a left and right but I'm no expert either. Maybe I can learn something here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Can you please explain the difference. I have a ticking lifter on the passenger side and he told me that may be the problem. He has worked on Mopars way more than me but I cannot in my mind think of how it could matter. Simple job to move them but you can probably see I am trying to avoid it.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
OK this is what I found. If you took all the rockers off the bar and reversed them the oil would squirt slightly away from the valves instead of toward them. I think it would still work but not the correct way to install them. I also pulled each lifter and found #6 intake wasn't holding solid like the others. Changed it and I am good to go. A little extra work but worth it.

Back