• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel

Collin

Reaction score
Ok guys so the steering wheel that was kindly sent to me from Dobie arrived. Great packing job by the way. The wheel is in great condition! The plastic simulated wood seems to have a green tint to it. So heres the plan, Im going to bead blast the spokes to try to return the satin finish. I am also going to epoxy the cracks that are in the wheel, use a stain/paint system to return the wood grain color then clear coat! Big project, but should be cool...I think it would be cool to post progress pics once I start.

If you have any input on things I should do different let me know, I am open to any and all advice.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Dobie posted a few pics in the want ads. Didn't look too bad. Be interested to see how it turns out Collin.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
The plastic simulated wood seems to have a green tint to it.

Obviously coated with "Agent Green"...lesser known cousin of "Agent Orange"...non-carcinogenic, but is absorbed through the skin and then attacks the central nervous system... Causes the victim to think that green is actually somehow pleasing to the eyes. Also causes irritability in the victim when they encounter a person that has not been exposed to Agent Green and does not share their chemically-induced infatuation with this awful color... Grab some form of breathing protection and some rubber gloves and scrub that puppy down with some lye soap... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: inhale :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: coffee out my nose :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
" Hello?" "Yes, I need to cancel that shipment of sand fleas, and substitute two ( 2) 55 gallon drums of Agent Green" "No problem Sir, we have plenty on stock"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
" Hello?" "Yes, I need to cancel that shipment of sand fleas, and substitute two ( 2) 55 gallon drums of Agent Green" "No problem Sir, we have plenty on stock"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

"...good. Now would you be so kind as to aerial disperse it in and around New Port Richie, FL? They need a good application in that area."

"No problem, sir, will do."
:D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Basketcase said:

"...good. Now would you be so kind as to aerial disperse it in and around New Port Richie, FL? They need a good application in that area."

Ray, I looks as if the green team is going to spray your place for weeds but don't worry they have Hoosier the cross eyed bombardier :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mcmopar said:
Basketcase said:

Ray, I looks as if the green team is going to spray your place for weeds but don't worry they have Hoosier the cross eyed bombardier :lmao:
I heard they have hired Hessian mercenaries to help them :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
See Dave? I told you it would work! :devil:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I just finished mowing (3 hrs) so right now I hate green......maybe you could spray some of that my way to deactivate this feeling, however it apparently drops your IQ in half and I'm not sure if my IQ could take that...... :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
Collin said:
Ok guys so the steering wheel that was kindly sent to me from Dobie arrived. Great packing job by the way. The wheel is in great condition! The plastic simulated wood seems to have a green tint to it. So heres the plan, Im going to bead blast the spokes to try to return the satin finish. I am also going to epoxy the cracks that are in the wheel, use a stain/paint system to return the wood grain color then clear coat! Big project, but should be cool...I think it would be cool to post progress pics once I start.

If you have any input on things I should do different let me know, I am open to any and all advice.

Glad you like it! Good luck with it.

:cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hey! ain't you supposed to be at The Nats????? :huh: wish I was....oh well, wait;ll next year!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and there better be PLENTY of pics!, especially of a certian Green runner sideways at a certian fast food drive thru........ :drive:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and there better be PLENTY of pics!, especially of a certian Green runner sideways at a certian fast food drive thru........ :drive:
Yeah, what he said.......... :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

Back