• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sticking brake pedal

Steve

Reaction score
On arriving at work today I parked the car up as usual applying the Parking Brake.As I walked past the car I glanced back and noticed the brake lights were still on,so I gently tapped the pedal with my foot and the lights went off.Had a play about with it later and seems the pedal is returning all the way(lights go out) albeit slowly while driving but when Park Brake applied it sometimes doesn't.Brakes work fine BTW,all wheels rotate freely when off,seeems just the pedal problem.Any ideas as to the problem?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
You could also check the switch itself. I was having the same problem with my Barracuda and found that the part of the switch that moves in and out was starting to fall apart and getting hung up inside the body of the switch. The spring inside the switch couldn't move freely anymore and kept the brake lights on.

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Mac/Roadcuda,I gave the moving parts of the switch a small squirt of WD40 and worked the pedal a few times leaving it overnight.This morning tried it again and Bingo it's sorted.I wish all fixes were this easy and cheap!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine was doing the same thing when I got it, had to adjust the switch.

Back