• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stupid is as stupid does

trim88

Reaction score
This is not a joke, but, does anyone know the original paint colors (69) of the tranny, driveline and differential ? Are they always black from the factory? And what is the opinion on the best color to paint them forgetting about original colors? Like I said, stupid is as stupid does! :loco: :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
trim88 said:
This is not a joke, but, does anyone know the original paint colors (69) of the tranny, driveline and differential ? Are they always black from the factory? And what is the opinion on the best color to paint them forgetting about original colors? Like I said, stupid is as stupid does! :loco: :crazy:
The trans was natural cast iron. drive shaft natural steel and the diff was semigloss black and the fill plug on a Dana was natural if yours is an 8 /34 I can check on the plug. Also the spring came in black or natural.

Back