• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Stock & Drag Illustrated '69 HEMI RR Test

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
we got that one in the ref. section plus a bunch more from '69 although there is a few more road tests out there but good luck finding them.

mcmopar

Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
we got that one in the ref. section plus a bunch more from '69 although there is a few more road tests out there but good luck finding them.

Doh! I didn't realize we already had that one. I also see that we've got a drag test of a 383 RR by Plymouth where Ronnie Sox drove the car and then a rep from Chrysler did the same with NHRA's "Farmer" Dismuke on hand. Then they added some goodies and re-tested. I've got a magazine article describing the same event so since I'm off work atm I'll dig it up, scan and post it.

PS - when I saw the door decal of the bird I knew you'd love that, Gary!

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
3BIRDS1X said:

Doh! I didn't realize we already had that one. I also see that we've got a drag test of a 383 RR by Plymouth where Ronnie Sox drove the car and then a rep from Chrysler did the same with NHRA's "Farmer" Dismuke on hand. Then they added some goodies and re-tested. I've got a magazine article describing the same event so since I'm off work atm I'll dig it up, scan and post it.

PS - when I saw the door decal of the bird I knew you'd love that, Gary!
Don't feel bad, I didn't know it was there either....... :lol:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I've got a book of old road tests and they took a 383 car and put headers and slciks on it. I think it was Car Life. CL usually savaged the Mopars in their reports. :loco:

I'll have to see if I have that book. Haven't seen it in years.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Thanks for posting. I'm digging the door bird.... :lol:

I dunno....looks off to me... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I've got a book of old road tests and they took a 383 car and put headers and slciks on it. I think it was Car Life. CL usually savaged the Mopars in their reports. :loco:

I'll have to see if I have that book. Haven't seen it in years.

I have that article in a book out in the car. I'll scan and post it up.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Cool :banana: hopefully it can get added to the ref. section with the rest, there are more road tests out there by the more off-beat mags like popular mechanics etc. but hard to come by.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Basketcase said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Thanks for posting. I'm digging the door bird.... :lol:

I dunno....looks off to me... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I see you are at it :pot: again! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It's a green thing. While the rest of us are trying to peacefully coexist...well, you know... :lmao:

:jester:

Back