• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird near my hometown...

w8kbrder

Reaction score
I'm from Greenville, SC and my dad (who was a banker for 35 yeras) was telling me the other day about how he had to repossess "one of those old plymouths with the big wing on the back and a nose cone" back in 1971. He had to drive to Asheville, NC to get the car and the only way back to Greenville at the time was a super curvy road down Ceasar's Head mountain. He said the back was all jacked up with huge racing tires and the transmission was a 4 speed with some kind of race gears. He said it kept jumping everytime he shifted cause the tranny was so sensitive. His daily driver at the time was a '67 4 speed Pontiac GTO and he said this thing was a different beast. He also mentioned it was purple. Said he was embarrassed driving it across town to the Chrysler dealership. Anyways, I came across this ad in the Ashville, NC craigslist. Wonder if it was the same car? Doubt it but I wanted to share the story of my dad having to repossess a 1970 Plum Crazy Superbird.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3593703764.html

moparstuart

Reaction score
you could not get a superbird in plum crazy , maybe it was a custom paint job ????

The only reason we have superbirds is because of a little racing shop in level cross north carolina
so your part of the country was a hot bed for these cars :)

Back