• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

swing gate oil pan

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i have a milodon swing gate oil pan with dual lines and the steering link running thru it...9 qt...it has teflone washers and nuts on each side[in and outside] which has been leaking since day one when i installed the motor....what do you guys think on the fix.....rtv silicone...o rings??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had to o-ring the pickup line on my AMC. In fact my whole life Ive had trouble with pickup lines :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i have a milodon swing gate oil pan with dual lines and the steering link running thru it...9 qt...it has teflone washers and nuts on each side[in and outside] which has been leaking since day one when i installed the motor....what do you guys think on the fix.....rtv silicone...o rings??
Tell me the steering arm is not in the oil pan itself! I have seen them around and through but not in!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
Tell me the steering arm is not in the oil pan itself! I have seen them around and through but not in!

the oil pan is boxed out so the steering link can run through it and the swing gate pickup swings forward when you hit the brakes and to the rear when you step on the gas

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I had one of those in another car years ago... I could never get it to stop leaking.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I have no experience with this but if you give me the right info I'm sure I could figure it out. I only need to know one thing...........what color is your oil pan....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I have no experience with this but if you give me the right info I'm sure I could figure it out. I only need to know one thing...........what color is your oil pan....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

looks like brass-copper color...its steel with this coating

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Hoosier Bird said:

looks like brass-copper color...its steel with this coating

I'm still not sure, I thought maybe it was painted GREEN.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"Mr Hooiser, there's a UPS truck here. He has your General Lee kit"

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
You can surely do better than that..............at least you guys keep my mind off of these boneheads I'm trying to do business with....... :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Basketcase said:
You can surely do better than that..............at least you guys keep my mind off of these boneheads I'm trying to do business with....... :lol:

I thought that was pretty good actually... :D

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Back to the original post... If I remember right, the fittings that go through the side of the pan have rubber gaskets on both sides. With mine, the RTV never really worked right probably because of the oil. I think the big problem I had was we were over tightening it trying to get it to quit leaking.. and that made it worse.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Big John said:
Back to the original post... If I remember right, the fittings that go through the side of the pan have rubber gaskets on both sides. With mine, the RTV never really worked right probably because of the oil. I think the big problem I had was we were over tightening it trying to get it to quit leaking.. and that made it worse.

this set-up came with teflon washers ...no o-rings.....i am going to try black RTV silicone on the out side washer against the pan and see what happens....if that dont work i will have to drop the pan and do the o-ring trick on both sides

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
Back to the original post...

gee...you act like we stray all the time.... :jester:
you guys putting anything on the bolt threads?

Back