• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switching Hood Emblem from 383 to 440

Reggie P

Reaction score
Hi...
Has anyone removed/installed the hood scoop emblems or know of a YouTube video that will help me change out from 383 to 440? I got under the hood but did not want to "force" anything loose, etc.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Reggie383 Capture.PNG 440 Capture.PNG

nevada dan

Reaction score
I think they are held on with barrel clips, they go in the hole and the emblem pushes in , to remove the emblem you just get a small flat blade screwdriver or putty knife under and just wiggle them up out of the clips , I like to use two at a time , one on each side to gently rock them up, just got to be careful on the paint , maybe put some tape on the lower sides of the tools

Reggie P

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Nevada Dan!

I failed to explain the real issue that I face...gaining access to the backside of the emblems. Underneath the hood, there are two sets of nuts & bolts. One set seems to be tied to the Air Grabber mechanics (I think), which draws a little hesitation from me to get at it with a wrench.

Here's an example of what my hood looks like...

1622749089637.png

nevada dan

Reaction score
if they are barrel clips , which I think they are you don't need to take the vent off, there are no threads on the emblem, they just push in, I have a set hanging oa the wall at home off my 69 I'll take a look when I get off work

Back