• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tail Light Bezel Repair

BBillyC

Reaction score
Typical 40 year old bezels...pitted white metal. Anyone ever attempted a repair on these or were repops the only way to go. I have two complete sets with lenses but the chrome is pitted and whatever the inner grey metalic area between the chrome outer and the lens is also pitted. Each piece is virtually the same. Repops at $395US it might be cheaper to refinish. Is this possible?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Road Cuda bought a set of the BEA bezels. Had to do some tweeking, but I'm pretty sure he's happy with them. I had scored a set off ebay for the other car for $40. Beautiful shae, from Alaska of all places.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a chrome guy look at mine and he said he could fix them up. I'll let you know :popcorn:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I think it depends on how much damage. Pot metal is hard to fix so it looks good when its done.

BBillyC

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll take mine down to a plater and have them deplate the units. There is a special rod at "muggly????" that melts at 380 with a propane torch that might fill the pits and once dressed it could be replated. It is the area between the chrome plating that is a textured grey color that I haven't a clue what it is. Maybe it is paint but it looks like some kind of plating. :huh:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Road Cuda bought a set of the BEA bezels. Had to do some tweeking, but I'm pretty sure he's happy with them. I had scored a set off ebay for the other car for $40. Beautiful shae, from Alaska of all places.
Good memory Dave. While the quality is good they seemed to be just a bit smaller in size then the originals. There was more space between them and the body, and with the lenses. But I was able to play around with them and got looking OK.

Back