• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The new look for........

Roadcuda

Reaction score
....my Barracuda! I have never liked the tires that were on the car. To me the car didn't look right and the tires were noisy, rode rough, and were garbage in the rain. So I finally bit the bullet and went back to some bias ply tires for it. They don't make the exact size for this car anymore so I had to go one size larger to 7.25x13. It's supposed to be just a quarter inch larger then the 700's it came with. They do make 700's but not for 13" wheels. The car does ride better, and is defiantly quieter then before, it sits closer to the correct ride height and the manual steering is easier too! I know most of you guys prefer radials on these cars but I think these tires make the car look much better then it did before.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is one sweet little Barracuda, Steve! Nice tire selection - they do look right on that car.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I love it...........I'd drive the wheels off of that.......I really miss mine........I had a blue one and a red one and like an idiot sold both..... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
generaljmwlee said:
better than what I did with my valiant
What happened to that? I had a '67, /6 auto, and I wish many times that I didn't sell it. It was a great little car!

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
55mph got off the road with a low shoulder and rolled it 4 times
that had the super /6 suregrip rear I was albe to lite the tires up on that car. I was more upset about the car than me gettig take to the ER.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Steve, how did the carb work that Scott Smith did for you? :popcorn:
Bob, the carb looks great and makes a real difference on how things look under the hood. This carb wasn't set up as well as I thought it would be. The first time I started it up, I had to adjust the cold idle, and when driving it had a real bad hesitation form a stop. I've since adjusted the cold idle, it's better, but still needs some more adjustment. I've also adjusted the mixture screws and have done away with most of the hesitation, and it needs just a little more. Once I get the adjustments done it will be great because the engine runs very well now. I think this fall the carb off the Roadrunner is heading west!!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Nice Cuda! That car is super clean!!! :thumbsup:
Yeah, I got lucky with that car. Like my Roadrunner, there is no rust to be found on it. Even the most common spots where early a-bodies get rust, there are no signs of it. Unlike my RR, I have a lot of documentation on this car. I have papers that has it's build date (6-29-'64,) at the Hamtramck plant, the dealer, (Mc Donnell Bros, Montgomery, AL,))and the date it was delivered, 7-9-'64 . I also have the name and address of the original owner, and dealer maintenance records in the first 3 years. If I could only find that info for the Roadrunner.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Nice Steve :thumbsup: now.....about the color........

the color....steve...your covering both bases....blue/green :toetap:

What can I say. I thought the color thing just applied our birds. :devil: BTW The color is called medium (valiant med,) irid. And it's the third car I've had in that color. :yesnod:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Looks good!

I remember finding an almost new 13" wide white tire in my attic when I moved in. It was brittle to the touch though and I doubt if it would have even held air.

Back