• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This one needs some TLC...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was out in Seattle this past week on business. While I was headed over to see one of my friends that lives in the area I stumbled across this little diamond in the rough...

The sign on the dash reads "NOT FOR SALE".

It has a bronze/tan interior w/ bench seat. Four-speed and a transplanted 440 if you believe the hood emblems - I didn't raise the hood as no one was around to grant permission. It seemed to have Y2 peeking out in places where the black paint was chipped. Built in LA according to the VIN. Sad to see it just sitting there rotting away...

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Not for sale sign?. :huh: Yup, I'll get it restored.....someday.......NOT! :toetap: Another bird that goes to waste.. As for the 440 emblems. He could be trying to fake some one out. There is a 69 bird in my area that had the 440 emblems on the hood. But the one time I got a look at the engine it was a 383! BUSTED!!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like it's been in the same spot for a while........dnag shame. hope the owner does something with it, or cut it loose.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
It's funny how many 69 runners are running around with 440's that never came in them .

Yep. I love the stories about the ones with the 440 Hemis...I just never seem to be able to find one... :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
It really bothers me when I hear of a cool car that is just rotting away - sometimes for many years, and the owner "has plans" and never sells it. Sell it to someone who will restore it or at least store it properly. Once it rotted away, that's it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
It's funny how many 69 runners are running around with 440's that never came in them .

or cars with wings, or no roofs........ :acme: :jester:
my first two '69s had 440s in them.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
moparstuart said:

or cars with wings, or no roofs........ :acme: :jester:
my first two '69s had 440s in them.
and 440 6 pac motor and air grbber hood and bucket and console and powe disc brakes and much much more

Steve

Reaction score
Man that's terrible.Why can't these people get the car under a cover or something instead of leaving it to the elements.Get it restored or sell it!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well lookie who poped in from across the pond! don't be such a stranger Steve!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah it stinks when real life interfers with our hobbies.but drop us a line once in a while just to let us know that England is still there..........

Back