• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tremek 5 Speed

JJRJR

Reaction score
Anybody ever installed one in a B Body? The 600 Series looks to be a great solution for the new stroker motor and keep my 3.91 gears. Thoughts on quality? Installation?

Thanks

John

cj69RR

Reaction score
I've been looking into a 5 or 6 speed myself but that's it. I'll let you know if I find out anything.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Wow that is a lot of fabrication to install. I think it would be worth the extra money to get the Passon performance 5 speed,it is more of a bolt in being close to the 833's dimensions.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yep Passons is a bolt in. Unless you do your own fab work it will more than make up the price. All said the carpet wont fit either.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like WAY too much work. Must be the A Body is harder than the B Body?? Hurst Drivelines and American Powertrain say they have kits that are nearly bolt-on with only moderate changes to the tunnel. Jamie is still way off on his 5 speed for the B Body, over 6 months. I forget what number I am, but in the 200's.

John

zupanj

Reaction score
I have looked at this for quite a while. From what I have seen all of those conversions say it's a simple bolt on but the fact is they all require quite a bit of fabrication and you have to chop up your trans tunnel. That kind of settled the matter for me.

There were a few posts on Moparts three of four years ago if you are interested. As I remember there were photos in one of them.

Back