• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk body plugs

Collin

Reaction score
Time to hang the gas tank and run the new fuel lines, but before I do that I need to re-drill the holes for the body plugs in the trunk. The trunk floor panels do NOT have the cut outs, and are not marked for where they should be. Can someone please post a pic, and/or some dimensions of where these plugs should go? Thanks!

Collin

Reaction score
There goes that R word.......trying to get rid of it all first!!! :brickwall:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Collin said:
There goes that R word.......trying to get rid of it all first!!! :brickwall:

Some advice:
1) Evapo Rust. This stuff is amazing and non-caustic. It will remove rust and is re-usable. Yes, it sounds too good to be true, but trust me - it isn't. I use it all the time.

2) POR15.

3) Rust Bullet.

2 and 3 are fine products that allow you to "paint over" rust. Actually. if there is a rusty area you can't get to very well you can clean it up as best you can and then brush either product right over the rust. Two coats will forever encapsulate and seal the rust and you will have no problems with it ever again. I did my entire engine compartment with POR-15 - stripped it down to bare metal, sanded it with 80 grit paper to put some "tooth" in it and then brushed on 2 coats of POR-15. Then I put their Tie Coat Primer on that, scuffed it and laid on 2 coats of spray on primer. Then I scuffed that and painted the engine bay. It came out beautiful and I will never have to worry about rust ever again.
I also coated the replacement floor pan patches on the underside with 2 coats of POR-15 and some rubberized undercoating. The top side was coated with 2 coats of Eastwood's anti rust coating. I HATE rust and will do what it takes to stop it cold. Here are some "Before" and "After" pics:
[attachment=2:4jeb7ael]teardown-08.JPG[/attachment:4jeb7ael][attachment=1:4jeb7ael]DSCF0008.JPG[/attachment:4jeb7ael]
[attachment=0:4jeb7ael]johnDSCF0002.JPG[/attachment:4jeb7ael]

Collin

Reaction score
That really came out great! Thanks for the advice

Back