• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk wiring.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to ask putting the wiring in the trunk now. Every thing seems to be long enough. Just wonder about the gas tank sending unit wire. It just long enough to run across the trunk pan and into the hole for it by the spare tire bracket. The question is their is not any clips for it on the pan and figure that wire should not just be free or might need to be in a cover of some sort. Any thought's or pic's would be grate. I looked at old forum's but did not see this.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a picture showing my original wiring harness. The fuel gauge sending unit wire just runs across the trunk floor.

20180721_154654_resized.jpg

dmartin

Reaction score
I have mine like 1968 man but you probably could run it through some plastic flex

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks guy's thought that Year one sent me the wrong harness or something. Boy with my luck that would be the case. Yes think it should be inside of a shield. Of some sort. Like a rubber tube or conduit plastic so the wire dose not get pinched or broken. Oh well that is my 2 cent's. :kartman: Got to have a beer and think this one through.

Ernie

Reaction score
Yep does seem odd but that is how they ran the little blue wire

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just figured if you put an Ice chest back their or some other heavy item then it might damage the wire. Well what do I know. Cant get a rear window in so the least of my worries rite now. LOL.

1968 man

Reaction score
POST MOVED TO CORRECT THREAD.

Hey Russ not high jack this thread but I snapped a picture of sending unit wire in trunk also 9A79295F-B964-4D07-9356-73C4BF4C7CF9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yours is like I thought it should be but mine is coming across lower on the inner tub. Working on the dash wiring now. While waiting on my new back window.

Back