• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal/Hazzard lights?

Rawone

Reaction score
Started on the rr last night. Turn signal activated the Hazzard lights...all blinking. any thoughts as to what the issue is...Flasher? Turn signal switch? or? :grumpy:

As you may recall this car had been sitting for 14 years.Last Night We hooked a Battery up and it turns over fine, oil and trans fluid looks and smells great. No Carb/Plug Wires/Coil tho...Hopefully this week though! We are planning on going through the fuel system before trying to fire it up...keep us motivated while we build our main 440.
Appreciate any help with the Turn signal issue.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Check for bad grounds at the front parking lights.

Bad grounds cause most of the electrical problems.

Rawone

Reaction score
:yeathat:

Update: Was going to investigate the turn signal issue, however everything worked this time. I will go through all of the grounds and connections...must have had a bad connection.I removed the plugs and hit the cyl with wd40 then spun it over and installed plugs. I also checked for spark yesterday..none..hot wired coil battery tp + side of coil..it worked. Then I cleaned the Ballast Connections and removed the hot wire and it worked. TonightI put a carb on and it fired up.
:yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah sounds like soe dirty connections. how;d it feel it here it run?

Rawone

Reaction score
Great hearing it run. 14 years...We took the plugs out oiled the cylinders rolled it over installed the old plugs and as soon as I primed it, it fired right up like it had never sat.

Back