• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under Frame Plastic Thingy Removal (69 Convertible)

Dennis Putnam

Reaction score
Under the front part of the frame there are 2 plastic things (some kind of guard?). Anyway they seem to be attached by some unidentifiable round things. The have a small hole in the center but it is not a hex as it seems smooth. Can someone tell me what they are and how to remove them? The attached picture does not show the attaching hardware very well but hopefully someone will recognize that part. TIA.

Under Frame Plastic.jpg

WWheeler

Reaction score
You can buy the rivets for these splash guards which you will need if you want to install. If you want to make them look new - I cleaned mine really well and then lightly scuffed with a very fine scotch brite. Then degreased, applied an adhesion promotor (Bulldog or etc) followed by SEM satin black spray - https://www.jbtools.com/sem-paints-...jxs4DWIB7zmFTDUUCNs9yVmANYp6zfwkaAvr7EALw_wcB

Durable and looks like new.

Back