• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uploading pictures

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I'm trying to upload some pictures. I've been able to do it before and no problems on the other sites.
But all I'm seeing is a grey question mark block when I upload them. They don't show in the preview either.
So I don't think it is working.
Any ideas?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just went through the process with a random pic just to confirm that it is working and it is. Are you hitting the upload button prior to closing the attachment upload window?

A12 rods.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I used the "Manage Attachments" function in the previous post. Now using the "Insert Image" icon for this one.

A12 pistons.jpg

A12 pistons.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
The insert image icon is for when the photo is on a third party site

Joey - as I am certain you know, it gives you the option of posting from a URL or your computer so you can do either. The piston photo was uploaded from my computer using the insert image icon as I was testing the function.

djais1801

Reaction score
yes...the difference is when you copy/paste the img code from photobucket, it shows the picture rather than the clickable link.

this 01.jpg

vs. this:
008-4.jpg

01.jpg

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Hum.
Is the "insert image" icon on the page when I'm doing a new post?
Don't seem to see that.
The odd thing to me is that I see pictures I've uploaded before in manage attachments.

Back