• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

upper control arm

bendavissr

Reaction score
replaced passenger side aftermarket upper control arm adjusted ride height 17 1/2 to center of wheel wale to the floor. took car for alinement now the new upper control arm rub on wheel/rim l when turning right real bad . it was not rubbing until wheel alinement took it back to the shop, mechanic said it is in specs he said to grind off a little did not work it would be to much to clear i need about 3/16.meanwile I have ordered some 5mm wheel spacers ..but i just don't understand why it is rubbing every thing was fine until I replace the control arm I was thinking of adding positive camber by lowering the car but this is the ride height it was when I started any Ideals?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you have that backwards. Raising the front end will decrease camber and lowering it will increase camber.

Back