• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Various issues

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I have been working on the bird and it is coming along nicely. The holes for road and runner have been moved back welded and primered. The engine bay has been painted. The K frame has been shot in a nice satin.

I will strip the old satin off the steering box (it had been painted) and get it back to that lovely aluminum color.

This brings me to a few questions. What color were the torsion bars? Drag links? Front sway bars?

I have to paint them anyhow so I might as well get the color correct.

Bob, the body shop owner, is in his seventies and used to work on them "back in the day". Now his sons do the work and he keeps them in line. Anyway, he is out helping me through as long as he gets to have the car from time to time once it is done.

DEAL! He can even get mustard on the front seat.

I am enclosing a few pictures of the 2822-273 wiper arm and cam. I just want to make sure that is in place properly. Dang thing is worth it's weight in gold. The motor is on it's way to Kim. The barrell was a 70. If anyone knows anyone who needs a march 16, 1970 barrel there will be one in her bin in about three days.

The dash has the reverse light but also a hole below. Any ideas what that was???? Car was not an air grabber car.

Also my clutch rod measures 13.5 inches. A few Mopar guys around here say not correct, too short. Brewer's website has them and they measure 13 7/8 inch. I will post a few pictures.

Dome light? Pig tail to the front of the car? It seems to fit better that way. By the way that is self etching primer on the roof. The car sat outside.

Now for the hard part. Hopefully I will get some pictures up.

John69RR

Reaction score
Wiper arm crank is correct. In the parl poition you need access to the mounting nut. I have the same crank. As for the clutch and dash I will check after work this evening. Check out this link for painting. It is a 1969 R/T.
http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/69 ... /index.htm
Can't remember about the dome light. It's been too long since the headliner was off.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The hole in the dash is an extra for another model, the dome wire comes out the front clips to the roof to the left.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I have to look to see if I have that grommet in the upper left side windshield pillar area.

I just wondered what the holes were on the black dash. That dash is for the car.

My reverse light is at a friends place.

I have some of my parts at home, some at a friends and some at the body shop. So much for me being a logistical genius!!

Just wondering what the holes are in the picture. As a reference the big hole to the upper left is the hole for the ignition.

By the way thanks for your answers.

Back