• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent window removal

bobbyb

Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the vent window assm., out of the doors. Its a 69 RR, I've removed the two forward bolts and an allen head bolt. Do I need to remove the nut on the bottom side of the door? I just don't want to remove to much and mess up my alignment for the side glass. Thanks.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
bobbyb said:
I'm trying to remove the vent window assm., out of the doors. Its a 69 RR, I've removed the two forward bolts and an allen head bolt. Do I need to remove the nut on the bottom side of the door? I just don't want to remove to much and mess up my alignment for the side glass. Thanks.
Yeah, if you're taking the complete assem. out you will need to remove that bottom bolt. I had to when I swapped out my vent window assemblies. If you haven't been able to see it, the bolt is parallel, and secured to the door bottom. And the channel part of the vent window has a loop at the bottom of it to attach to that bolt. See pics below.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Ok, I got the sideglass and vent window assm. out. Next question: Does anyone make the plastic strips that fit on the sideglass that follow the the vent channel? When I removed the sideglass it practically fell apart in my hands.

BBillyC

Reaction score
Those run channel guides are expensive. I bought one of them last year and talk about getting hosed....a piece of flimsy plastic for somewhere near $50CDN for only the one side...I believe it was from year one. Once you get the piece it is not hard at all to put in.

Back