• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vent Windows and Door Glass

TOMRR

Reaction score
Putting the door glass and vent windows back into my 69RR Hardtop . will I be able to put door glass in after I install vent windows ??

Thanks Tom C.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It's been awhile but I think they go in together, two people job. Wait for more input.

droptop

Reaction score
Vent and window go in as one unit. Make sure you have the chrome trim installed on the glass BEFORE you install the unit. You can't attach it after the glass is installed. Don't ask me how I know that. :facepalm:

pro-streeter

Reaction score
x2. You need to pre-assemble

Vent and window go in as one unit. Make sure you have the chrome trim installed on the glass BEFORE you install the unit. You can't attach it after the glass is installed. Don't ask me how I know that. :facepalm:

TOMRR

Reaction score
ok Is there enough movement to put up and down wheel in the track after both window and vent window are lowered into door ??

pro-streeter

Reaction score
As I recall the crank mechanism installs next through the access hole of the inner door. Engage the roller in the lower track on the window then align mounting holes at window crank shank.

TOMRR

Reaction score
The crank mechanism is already installed in the door

TOMRR

Reaction score
So I need to take the crank mechanism back out and install after !!!

pro-streeter

Reaction score
I do not believe you will need to remove it. All you are trying to do is engage the roller in the track at the bottom of the glass. Unbolt it from door frame and I believe you can move it towards the back of the door enough to slide the roller in the track and then realign the crank back into the door frame. Have the crank handle close by to use if needed for aligning. Good Luck
So I need to take the crank mechanism back out and install after !!!

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yea I put the back in already , It went pretty easy

pro-streeter

Reaction score
Quarter glass mounting hardware

When you do the back ones be sure you use the glass washers. They are a black plastic or make some with thin gasket material (not as weather proof) and small rubber spacers that fit in the glass hole. You run the risk of the glass shattering should you not use them. I am in the process of trying to reproduce ones from a more correct material. Good Luck
If you think the front windows are bad, wait till you get to the back ones. :facepalm:

qtr glass washers.jpg

chapdog105

Reaction score
It was a pain just taking the glass out of my convertible. I paid to have mine put back in and it wasn't cheap.

valleyson_69

Reaction score
I just went through this on my RR. The window glass, vent window go in as an assembly. Do not forget to install the new mylar on the front side of the door a glass. Ma Mopar in her wisdom came up with the mylar system and it expensive to replace. Once the assembly is in place, the rest is easy. Oh Yeah, you might want to put masking tape on the door edge to prevent chipping or marring the paint. Good Luck......

Back