• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage vs Classic Auto Air

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got off the phone with a guy from Classic Auto Air. Long story short, they have a "Perfect Fit" system that includes heat, AC and defrost with everything needed for $1,500 delivered. A buddy of mine mentioned a company called Vintage Auto Air; went to their website, but they don't appear to have a system for my application; but a "Universal" unit.

Any opinions on these two? I'm inclined to go with Classic, but wanted to get your thoughts.

Thanks guys,

John

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No experience w/ Vintage. Classic Auto Air is good to deal with. Got the Sanden compressor and all the underhood stuff from them for Mrs. ACME's Swinger. The also refurbished the Heater-A/C box. Nice work. Nothing but good things to say about them.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Same here. I took my car to Classic in Tampa (I'm in Orlando, dropped it off and told them "I'll be back to get it when you are done." It took them about 4 days to install the new compressor, drier, condenser, hoses, rebuild the heater box and install new under-dash ducting along with everything else they had to do. Turned out great, except at the time they could not get a '69 heater control valve and had to use a '70 model. This results in my not being able to control the temp with the temp switch but it works out alright using a/c or max a/c switches. I got a discount for paying cash. too.

Back