• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted 69 4-Speed Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ray

Spoke to Kenny this Am. He said he did not want to bother with sending me a picture. He said you looked at it and said it was the right one. He told me to send him a postal money order and he will ship it to me. He said it still had the mount in it.
I will go to the post office today and mail it to him. I will just trust you that it is the right one and in good shape.

Thank you again for all your help. :thumbsup:

Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Ray

Spoke to Kenny this Am. He said he did not want to bother with sending me a picture. He said you looked at it and said it was the right one. He told me to send him a postal money order and he will ship it to me. He said it still had the mount in it.
I will go to the post office today and mail it to him. I will just trust you that it is the right one and in good shape.

Thank you again for all your help. :thumbsup:

Joe

Joe:

No problem at all. I didn't scrutinize it to the nth degree, but at a quick once-over it did look good - and still had the mount on it. Looked very straight in the area where the bolts go through compared to many I have seen. I didn't have anything handy to compare or measure against - other than the A-Body crossmembers - but I'm pretty confident that it was the right one.

I think for the money you'll be very happy.

Ray

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ray

Still need a crossmember. Kenny Bayer called today and said he got my Money order. But he said he double checked it while he was boxing it and said it is for an A-body. He said he checked it on a B-body subframe. He appologized for it not being the right one. He said he located one but it was $100 plus shipping. He also said he could make me one. He said it would have really hurt his bank account if he did sell one for $40 now that he called someone and knows that they are different and hard to find. I do not know what to think about him now??? I ask him to send my Money order back. I will keep looking or e-mail the guy on Moparts and see if he still has his for sale.

Thanks again
Joe

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hey Joe, I'm pretty sure I have the one off my old car. This is the car that went up in flames in my garage a couple years ago. The rubber mount is long gone, but the metal seemed good. With winter, I haven't spent ay time in the garage, so if you're interested, I'll double check tomorrow. Let me know. Cost you shipping and a pic of your car.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Ray

Still need a crossmember. Kenny Bayer called today and said he got my Money order. But he said he double checked it while he was boxing it and said it is for an A-body. He said he checked it on a B-body subframe. He appologized for it not being the right one. He said he located one but it was $100 plus shipping. He also said he could make me one. He said it would have really hurt his bank account if he did sell one for $40 now that he called someone and knows that they are different and hard to find. I do not know what to think about him now??? I ask him to send my Money order back. I will keep looking or e-mail the guy on Moparts and see if he still has his for sale.

Thanks again
Joe

Wow, Joe - not really sure what to say in response to all of that... All I can tell you is that he had three and the one touted as being for a B-Body was wider than the two that were supposed to be for A-Bodies... It all sounds a little strange (fishy) to me and based upon the bank account comment I'll just leave it at that... Sorry for your troubles with this. Hopefully Basketcase can hook you up. If not, I'll keep looking...

Ray

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ray

Hopefully Basketcase can hook me up. I am very grateful for your help. As far as the deal with Kenny, I do not understand it but something changed the whole deal. I was good on my end. I did not insult him in anyway. Sent him the money how he requested etc. He ask me to keep his number and he hoped to deal with me again. I told him Thanks for his help and I would.

Joe

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Got it Joe. It is rusty from the fire, but very solid.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
As far as the deal with Kenny, I do not understand it but something changed the whole deal.
Joe

Sounds like he found out that he could get 2 1/2 times what he quoted me...that would be what changed... I'd surmise that the one that he "located" was the very one that he was boxing up...because it looked identical to the one Dave just posted pictures of without the surface rust... Pretty disappointing in any event... :soap:

Looks like Dave's just needs a good muratic acid bath... :thumbsup:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Ray

That is what I thought but I did not want to Surmise because you know him and I do not.
Thank you for all your help anyways!
Keep in touch!!!

Dave
I sent you a PM. Looks good! Thank you !!!

joewhite440

Reaction score
Before this post is forgotten

I would like to send out a big Thank You to everyone who helped me locate a crossmember for my RR. A real special thanks to basketcase and Acme A-12 who both went out of their way for me.

This is a great site with members who truly love this hobby. The quality of people on here is rarely seen in todays society.

Again

Thank you!!!

Joe

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Before this post is forgotten

I would like to send out a big Thank You to everyone who helped me locate a crossmember for my RR. A real special thanks to basketcase and Acme A-12 who both went out of their way for me.

This is a great site with members who truly love this hobby. The quality of people on here is rarely seen in todays society.

Again

Thank you!!!

Joe

You're welcome! Thanks for the kudos - we do have a great bunch here. We're very lucky indeed. I just don't understand why you gave the Greenie top billing... :lmao:

:jester:

ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Simply beacuse Team Green DELIVERED!! (or will deliver, turns out Joe lives about 45 minutes from me)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Simply beacuse Team Green DELIVERED!! (or will deliver, turns out Joe lives about 45 minutes from me)
I guess we could call Dave "Simple Green" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I resemble that remark slant boy :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
I guess we could call Dave "Simple Green" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I just hope Big is following this thread...we might see a change in avatar ranking for our resident picture hound... :lol:

:jester:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back