• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Prestolite Dual Point Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
Looking for a Non-Tac drive Prestolite 383, 413, or a 440 dual point distributor.

Anyone have anything?

Thanks,
Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you looking for the correct 2875981 for your car, or just trying to cobble one together (your mention of a 383 version is what confuses me) from pieces/parts?

Correct ones are PRICEY...which I'm sure you already know...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
Looking for a Non-Tac drive Prestolite 383, 413, or a 440 dual point distributor.

Anyone have anything?

Thanks,
Joe
What are you looking to do? I believe I still have an NOS for a 383 that I stole parts out of for mine. I'll be out digging around today and look.

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
BahamaA12RR said:

Anyone have anything?

Thanks,
Joe
What are you looking to do? I believe I still have an NOS for a 383 that I stole parts out of for mine. I'll be out digging around today and look.

Acme A12 hit it right on- I'm trying to piece one together to save some cash with my resto.
Let me know if you find it. Thanks

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hemi-Dodge-Mopar-Plymouth-426-Dual-Point-Prestolite-Factory-Distributor-/250982017087?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6fb1a83f

No vacuum advance...but...

Thanks! :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Can't find it, I must have let that go some time ago :crazy: :basketcase: The one on ebay is a good start, I do remember the cap hold downs are longer and mounted lower on the 383 version.

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Can't find it, I must have let that go some time ago :crazy: :basketcase: The one on ebay is a good start, I do remember the cap hold downs are longer and mounted lower on the 383 version.

Thanks for checking, I appreciate your help. (You also helped me with the vent window wing screws!) :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
69hemibeep said:

Thanks for checking, I appreciate your help. (You also helped me with the vent window wing screws!) :D
I do remember :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
69hemibeep said:
Did you get a matching tag?

No, it's from a 67 440 4-speed car- I'm getting a repro tag made for it!
They are like hens teeth to find anymore you have to feel good about it. About 3 years ago I was looking for one and got out bid on one that I was going to have a tag made for when a week later a correct one with the correct part & dated tag came up for auction with a buy it now price of $400 and I grabbed it and rebuilt it. I guess there is a fool born every day but I was happy.

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
BahamaA12RR said:
69hemibeep said:
Did you get a matching tag?

No, it's from a 67 440 4-speed car- I'm getting a repro tag made for it!
They are like hens teeth to find anymore you have to feel good about it. About 3 years ago I was looking for one and got out bid on one that I was going to have a tag made for when a week later a correct one with the correct part & dated tag came up for auction with a buy it now price of $400 and I grabbed it and rebuilt it. I guess there is a fool born every day but I was happy.

You are right, they are very hard to find and I was lucky to get it.
You were very fortunate to find yours- they are rare, especially for a Hemi, and I would have done the same as you and paid what you did and been happy too!
Joe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back