• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was this your 69 Road Runner?

Mopargrandpa

Reaction score
I am, I think, the 5th owner of a 69 Road Runner that came as a factory radio delete car, 383, 4 speed, PS, 3 speed wipers and full wheel covers. This is a hartop and came with a painted white top and F8 green body. I have the build sheet but that is all of the documentation that came with the car. If you think this could have been your new car please let me know. E-mail is bauerconstruction@tds.net

Thanks

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not mine, but you never know what info you'll turn up on this incredible network called the internet.

Let me be the first to say "Welcome Aboard!" Tell us about yourself and post some pics of your bird if you get a chance. Don't be shy and don't be a stranger - there's always room for more RR lovers here.

:cheers:
Ray

Mopargrandpa

Reaction score
Unfortunately the Road Runner is at the body shop getting ready to undergo a complete make over and go back exactly the way it rolled off the assembly line so I don't have any pictures other than what it currently looks like, just a primmered shell. When I bought the car back in 1999 it had been repainted all green but not F8. I bought it just to have some fun in and take me back to my teenage years when this muscle car came out. Yep, I'm 59 years old and still love these old cars. I think this particular car will really look strange when it's done: 2 tone paint and full wheel covers. I don't ever remember seeing one like this back in it's day but according to some information I received Chrysler only produced 656 of these hardtops so maybe Indiana didn't get any. I'm hopeful to have it done and have it at the Nats this coming year. Just finished assembling the engine so I'm at the mercy of the body shop now so we'll see. I'd like to reunite this car with it's original owner one day as I've heard so many people say "I wish I had never sold that car" and I think it would be great to have a fond memory come back home.

I am at the drag strip every time Indy has a race, I'm not a racer but I am serving as the track chaplain for Racers for Christ and have just completed 5 years out there. I often times have the itch to race again (did so when I was a lot younger) but I promised my wife that I wouldn't as bracket racing can be a big money pit and we're looking at retirement before too much time goes by.

I am also a member and past President, Vice President and Treasurer of the Indy Mopar Club where we have about 85 members. Check out our website: http://www.indymoparclub.com

In addition to this Road Runner I have a 68 Hemi Cuda that I built in 2008 and have a blast driving it every so often. I built it as a street version of the SS/AH Cuda and it gets the attention of everyone, turned out extrememly nice and it's for sale in case you know of anyone looking for a great car. It's being advertised on racingjunk.com, cars-on-line.com and Moparts. Maybe you saw it in the August 2009 issue of Mopar Action Magazine?

I am a general contractor doing primarily residential work, or I should say TRYING to do residential work and with the economy like it is work is slow but it gives me time to piddle with these old cars.

Thanks for the welcoming comments and I look forward to reading and hearing about your rides.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome! and we'll settle for the primered shell pics, and we'd love to see shots of the 'cuda too!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Mopargrandpa said:
Unfortunately the Road Runner is at the body shop getting ready to undergo a complete make over and go back exactly the way it rolled off the assembly line so I don't have any pictures other than what it currently looks like, just a primmered shell. When I bought the car back in 1999 it had been repainted all green but not F8. I bought it just to have some fun in and take me back to my teenage years when this muscle car came out. Yep, I'm 59 years old and still love these old cars. I think this particular car will really look strange when it's done: 2 tone paint and full wheel covers. I don't ever remember seeing one like this back in it's day but according to some information I received Chrysler only produced 656 of these hardtops so maybe Indiana didn't get any. I'm hopeful to have it done and have it at the Nats this coming year. Just finished assembling the engine so I'm at the mercy of the body shop now so we'll see. I'd like to reunite this car with it's original owner one day as I've heard so many people say "I wish I had never sold that car" and I think it would be great to have a fond memory come back home.

I am at the drag strip every time Indy has a race, I'm not a racer but I am serving as the track chaplain for Racers for Christ and have just completed 5 years out there. I often times have the itch to race again (did so when I was a lot younger) but I promised my wife that I wouldn't as bracket racing can be a big money pit and we're looking at retirement before too much time goes by.

I am also a member and past President, Vice President and Treasurer of the Indy Mopar Club where we have about 85 members. Check out our website: http://www.indymoparclub.com

In addition to this Road Runner I have a 68 Hemi Cuda that I built in 2008 and have a blast driving it every so often. I built it as a street version of the SS/AH Cuda and it gets the attention of everyone, turned out extrememly nice and it's for sale in case you know of anyone looking for a great car. It's being advertised on racingjunk.com, cars-on-line.com and Moparts. Maybe you saw it in the August 2009 issue of Mopar Action Magazine?

I am a general contractor doing primarily residential work, or I should say TRYING to do residential work and with the economy like it is work is slow but it gives me time to piddle with these old cars.

Thanks for the welcoming comments and I look forward to reading and hearing about your rides.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=499&start=70 check out my car it's a two tone also but has had a vinal top installed

Back