• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weather strip

V269

Reaction score
Started to install the new rubber seals around the windows yesterday. The vent window and pop out window seals I got were NOS and fit very well but were a B*#TARD to install. Had to practicly tear the fricking car apart to get them in but they do look good. The roof rail seal was a re-pop and fit not bad but not perfect but will seal better than the originals. Also put in the new window felts. Driver side all done. Cold and snowy outside but was 70 deg in my garage. :jester: :thumbsup: :beep:

PS, thank's for the ranking in my avatar big's. That's funny.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
should be nice and quiet now with less wind noise so you can hear the sweet rumble of your bad ass V/8 :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wish
i had heat in my garage, but I'd still have the cold walk to the bathroom.

V269

Reaction score
Worked at putting the weatherstrip and window felts on the passenger side today. All in all done and looks and fits great. Also hooked up the wiring for the rear defroster while I had the rear seat out. Works great, easy hook-up. Also took the front seat backs off and set them a side to have my headrests installed. Progressing nicely on my little things. Think I'll tackle the new heater core next. Never had the heater box out of the car so it may be interesting getting it all apart. :thumbsup: :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If the foam in your heater box is all dried up you can buy a full restoration kit from Resto Rick on moparts (a little pricey) or I believe it was Mac on this site restoring heater boxes probably has a cheaper source. :beep:

V269

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
If the foam in your heater box is all dried up you can buy a full restoration kit from Resto Rick on moparts (a little pricey) or I believe it was Mac on this site restoring heater boxes probably has a cheaper source. :beep:

Thank's Bob, I'll check it out when I get it all apart. Is the foam just to seal it to the firewall ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
69hemibeep said:

Thank's Bob, I'll check it out when I get it all apart. Is the foam just to seal it to the firewall ?
All the doors have foam or gaskets glued to them. The kit also has the foam that goes over the heater core necks that go through the fire wall. I had to throw a pic with dirt and leaves in here so Gary will have something to talk about wherever he is :lol:

V269

Reaction score
Great pics and info Bob. I didn't realize there was that much foam material sealing it up. I'll probably have to replace it as I asume it is the original stuff. :thumbsup:

Back