• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

went to the airport today

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
was at airport around 830am...got in at 10am..off loaded and we all parked...filled out forms....then parked again off track.....first fun....12.45..1/8th mile..awesome but wow...was hot as hell...my heat gun said 116 degrees on the track...my car ran great first run....second and third....fell on its face...cut out dead when i nailed second then would come back to life....backed it up at 2.30....unorginized,lotta bad ass cars[twin turboed nova]...and too hot ....this could be a great thing with the airport.....

george68hemirr

Reaction score
it was so unorginized....no timing...just drop of the flag and go....burnout box...forget it...no water.....i guess it was better then sitting home looking at the old lady

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i guess it was better then sitting home looking at the old lady

:popcorn: DUCK GEORGE!!! Here comes a frying pan!!!!

george68hemirr

Reaction score
now all i have to do is figure out what went wrong....the foam in the fuel cell??.....msd 6al box was too hot to touch...msd disributor.....it dont do it in the garage holding revs at 5grand....its just at launch of maybe it was to hot out....time will tell.....have to look at the mallory series 500 filter to see if any foams in there

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well i took apart the fuel filter and wasnt so bad.....some crap but thought maybe the foam was breaking down in the fuel cell...so thats good i dont have to replace that....talked to the guy i was drag racing and said the hemi was popping like a machine gun and another guy watching said the same thing......so i shift at 6800rpms and my msd rev limiter box was set for 7200 rpms....when you hit the rev limit the box shuts off spark to the plugs so you dont over rev it and blow it up.....so i guess the box is all done and i need a new one......got about 10-12 years out of that....4 motors later

i just talked to another buddy with a 63 shoebox nova....383 stroker screamer and he went for a little ride and his box was telling his tach he was running in second gear at 8500 rpms...went for 3rd gear and same thing...tach was at 8500 rpms.....hes replacing his too....he bought the car done so he dont know how old that box is....i build them and then theres people that just go out and buy one

well i hope this takes care of my problem

Back