• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What carburetor should I run?

Trev3434

Reaction score
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner
383 4-speed
1 7/8" TTI Headers
3" H-Pipe exhaust
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Slightly bigger than stock cam
Currently running 750 Speed Demon

Need something a little less aggressive. Feel this is a little to big for my roadrunner.
What would you recommend?

jaxrunner1968

Reaction score
I have a stock 68 Roadrunner with a 383, I run a Carter AFB competition 9636 625cfm. Runs great and have had no issues at all with it, what cam are you running?

Ranger

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the exact same set up as I do except I am running an Edelbrock 1411 (750 CFM). Not necessarily by choice. That's what was on it when I bought it, but it had a MUCH more aggressive cam. I have since toned it down, but I can't say as I have noticed any problems with this carb.

Trev3434

Reaction score
I don't know what cam I have. I didn't build the motor, but still going 17 years later.

That demon I have on it has just never run right. I'd have to put it on a dyno to tune it. Rather use that money to just get another one better for my application. By all means not opposed to putting a slightly bigger cam either

cj69RR

Reaction score
Well there you go! Get the cam you want and get the carb to match. Or like quick bird said and get one of those look like a carb efi setups.

Last edited:
Back