• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think of this color combo it was actually orderd

A12

Reaction score
I was taking a couple of photos of this '69 road runner a few weeks ago at a local Firefighter's crusise (514 cars) and didn't know the owner was standing off to the side watching. I spotted the neat hood locks and was taking a close-up photo of one and he walked over and introduced himself and said he had never seen anyone take photos of his hood locks and I replied "I've never seen a road runner in this color combo" and I figured it was original because of the combo. He said I was right and that he has owned it since the Spring of '69 when he got back from Vietnam. When he first got State side he had his mom and dad go to the Plymouth dealer and put an order deposit down and order it in that combo and said his dad called and told him they wanted a minimum of a $1,000 deposit to order it in that combo so they didn't get stuck with it because of the odd color choices and options. I think it is pretty cool because it is sooooooo different, what do you guys think?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I like it too! But what does it for me is the hood treatment. Without it, then I'm not so sure!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's one of those combos thar screams "why didn't I think of that. That car is sweet :thumbsup: A buddy of mine has a '69 Valient with the same hood locks.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love the top.
Love the interior.
Bahama Yellow (buttersnot) - not my cup-o-tea...

I'd say that the dealer's demand for a hefty deposit was a sound business move... :lol:

:jester:

droptop

Reaction score
I like it. I had a '71 RR back in the day that was butterscotch with a tan interior. The only thing I would do to it this '69 would be to put the double stripe on the side in black reflective.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
I like it. I had a '71 RR back in the day that was butterscotch with a tan interior. The only thing I would do to it this '69 would be to put the double stripe on the side in black reflective.
That would be a nice touch! :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Roadcuda said:
I like it too! But what does it for me is the hood treatment. Without it, then I'm not so sure!
Yep, those "FLAT" black stripes do it for me too............ :lol:
I hope those flat black stripes wear your ass out :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I remember back in '76 when I was going to a little 1/8 mile dragstrip up in Avilla, IN there was a Butterscotch '69 RR A12 car with a black vinyl top that raced there. It was one bad dog! It had a set of 10" or 11" slicks, Sure Grip (not sure what gear ratio) and the lightweight, solid spun aluminum wheels up front with 4.5" wide tires. It was a dedicated race car and it was extremely healthy. I used to love watching him run.

roadrunner4life

Reaction score
I recall years ago a company called Cal Custom had locking hood pins just like tose pictured..........I had found a pair at a yard sale and passed them up !!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Love the top.
Love the interior.
Bahama Yellow (buttersnot) - not my cup-o-tea...

I'd say that the dealer's demand for a hefty deposit was a sound business move... :lol:

:jester:

x2

Back