What is an A12 car and a hood worth?

Reaction score
I found a guy with an A12 car that is rough but mostly complete. It is not numbers matching, but he has a 1969 hp2 motor rebuilt and ready to go. What would the car be worth? I think it needs floors, quarters, and trunk floors.
He also has an original 6 pack hood that he said is in excellent shape. How much would the hood be worth? Thanks, Tim

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
tims69belvedere said:
I found a guy with an A12 car that is rough but mostly complete. It is not numbers matching, but he has a 1969 hp2 motor rebuilt and ready to go. What would the car be worth? I think it needs floors, quarters, and trunk floors.
He also has an original 6 pack hood that he said is in excellent shape. How much would the hood be worth? Thanks, Tim
do you have any pics???....years ago i was going to but a A-12 hood with the correct mopar stamp.....1200.00...ouch....i didnt buy it...somebody will chime in on a rough price....how much does the guy want for the car??...then we could go from there

Reaction score
He just told me that money talks. He is kind of a flipper, the car isn't for sale but he made it very clear that I could buy it if I had cash. He did tell me $750 for the hood though

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The hood's worth every penny of $750 (or more) if its decent. As far as the car, I really don't know.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Big John said:
The hood's worth every penny of $750 (or more) if its decent. As far as the car, I really don't know.
big john....it has to have the mopar stamp on it right....where would that be located??

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Big John said:
big john....it has to have the mopar stamp on it right....where would that be located??

No stamp. The originals can be identified by their EXTREMELY rough finish underneath (reproductions are much smoother - the Year One version is the best reproduction and looks closest - but still smoother) ...and there is usually some green resin poking through where the organisol has worn away on an original...

Back