• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's my Road Runner worth?

TVG

Reaction score
I just bought my first Road Runner. It's a 71 with a 383. The tag under the hood is missing as well as the build sheet. The VIN is RM23N1E100977, so I know that it is a Road Runner and not a clone. The motor sounds good but the trans is slipping so it went straight to the shop. Other things that concern me is that the hood does not look like other 71's, the former owner spray painted the dash with black and other trim pieces as well as the instrument panel with orange, last half of the gauges are not working.

Here is a link that will show you what the car looked like 5 years ago. http://www.sunsetclassics.com/1971-plymouth-road-runner/
The car looks the same but where there was problems with the paint, there is now red paint sprayed over the ares. Below will be a photo of what it looks like today.

I'm not looking to sell the car. I've wanted one for about 35 years and plan on keeping it. But you always wonder if you paid too much.

So I decided to ask some people who know more about my car than I do...... What's my car worth?

Thanks,

Tom

71RR1d.jpg

71RR1d.jpg

tallhair

Reaction score
Welcome Tom. I'll let others more knowledgeable about 71's offer opinions on your cars value. I've always liked the 71's though

I'm not an expert but that looks like a 71-2 satellite hood

stuka1166

Reaction score
Per the HAGERTY website...The "trend" on that RR is $29K...Of course that is contingent on the condition.

moparmonk

Reaction score
Ditto on the Satellite hood. I honestly think that it was the same mold as the 6 pack hood, but obviously the underneath internal webbing is different and a few holes through it in special places.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I look at it this way--If you are happy with the car that's all that counts!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site. I'd say the guy in the pic looks pretty happy with his car.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Many people will give you a price and I'm sure you can look around and see what people are asking.
It's sort of a closed system after all. They aren't making anymore. Supply and demand.
But my standard advice for this question is that it's worth more to the seller.
So add.
The buyer generally thinks less.
So subtract.

djais1801

Reaction score
that's the base satellite hood, which you can add the bubble for the air grabber to. I used to have a 71 RR clone and found a few air grabber set ups..they're out there if you want to spend the $$$. They also repop them too. Sweet ride...I miss my 71.

mcmopar

Reaction score
The best thing to do is go find a competent appraiser and get the car appraised. You should look for someone fluent in Mopars.

droptop

Reaction score
Any car is worth what you can get someone to pay you for it. If it is not for sale, it is worth what you insure it for. :tennis:

Back