• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the difference between a coupe and a sedan

nicanor

Reaction score
I tried to order the vent window seals for my car so I can change all my seals after painting. Year One sales person said I have a sedan and they only carry vent seals for the coupe and they are not interchangeable.

So what is the difference between a 69 Roadrunner sedan and the coupe.

Thanks,
Barry

A31PKG

Reaction score
Sometimes the RM21 cars are referred to as 2-door sedans because of the post. They are more commonly referred to as a coupe. Just don't get anything for a 4-door or a hardtop and you'll be good. Be sure to request one of their catalogs when they send your order. Although overpriced in some areas, YO is a convenient one-stop place to shop, and their catalog is thick and full of pictures and info.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
IMO, sedans are considered post cars and the coupe is a hardtop. (no post). the seal i had a problem getting is the piece that fits in the channel the door glass rides up and down in at the rear of the door. the post car has a narrower channel. the only one avaiable was for the hardtop. the vent window seal should be the same for both post and hardtops. could you give the first part of the vin number? that would help alot. :thumbsup:

nicanor

Reaction score
Here is the vin

RM21H9A133481

I thought the vent seals would be the same, but Year One said they aren't.

Isn't the sedan and coupe both hardtops? I know they are, but does the post make the difference between a coupe and a sedan?

Thanks,
Barry

mac

What ?
Reaction score
nicanor said:
Isn't the sedan and coupe both hardtops? I know they are, but does the post make the difference between a coupe and a sedan?

Thanks,
Barry

the post is the difference between a sedan and coupe. the triangle shaped vent widow is the same for both. the post does change a few things with some interior trim pieces and of course the rear side pop out window.

A31PKG

Reaction score
nicanor said:
Here is the vin

RM21H9A133481

Thanks,
Barry

You have a coupe.
2 door sedan & coupe= post or RM21
Hardtop= no post or RM23

V269

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
nicanor said:
Here is the vin

RM21H9A133481

Thanks,
Barry

You have a coupe.
2 door sedan & coupe= post or RM21
Hardtop= no post or RM23

:yesnod: :thumbsup:

Back