• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels...What have ya got?

chapdog105

Reaction score
I need to start figuring out what size and type of wheels and tires I'm going with.

Money is starting to get tight, so I may be rocking the 14" steels with my original full hub cabs til next season. I'm not sure I can get them over the new disc brakes I'm putting on the front.

I'm leaning hard towards 15x7 Magnum 500's all the way around with red line tires.

How about some advice? Wider in the rear? 16's? 17's? 22's? HA! Don't worry...I'd never go with the 22 "Donks"!!!

Please post pics of your wheel and tire set-ups, I need inspiration!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
but praying for another set of Cragars.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recalls with redlines would look smokin' hot on an R4 backdrop...but if $$$ are an issue then you probably won't go that route. They are VERY proud of those wheels... The cool thing about them is that not everybody and their brother is already running them - unlike steelies & dog dishes/H-Wheels/Road Wheels/etc. Hard to get the WOW! factor when your car is parked next to a dozen cars wearing the exact same set of wheels...

If you have to go with one of the staples then Magnum 500's would probably get my vote - 15X7 up front and 15X8 out back.

Why not do something different; cruise the swap meets and score a set of vintage wheels or look at some of the retro wheels that have recently be reintroduced. The Day Two look always works... :thumbsup:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey Ray, don't you have Tourqe Thrusts on Bambi? those look sweet too...... :red2:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
hey Ray, don't you have Tourqe Thrusts on Bambi? those look sweet too...... :red2:

No sir. HALIBRANDS. The TQ thing has also been done ad nauseum - and while I am a HUGE TQ FAN, I seriously wanted something that not everyone else was running. That and the lack of variable backspace on the TQ's sealed my decision. Halibrand made them to my specifications and once I became quasi-friends with the owner he offered me the old-school "Halibrand Engineering" blunt nose centers that make mine even a bit more unique. I have a set of H-Wheels, and will eventually get a set of G70 Goodyear Redlines mounted on them for shows and such, but again, being a "Day Two Guy" I expect to log most of my miles on the Halibrands... :cool:

:jester:

Back