• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the good projects?

GTX MATT

Reaction score
My car is up for sale and I think its going to sell. Its my daily driver and im just bored with it, I want a 69 Road Runner, stick car. Thats all that matters. I'd like something relatively solid, as im good with everything except body work so I dont want something that needs everthing. I'd consider 68 also, but really want a '69.

I can NOT find a decent project for the life of me. What the heck is going on here? Two months ago there were a million deals!

GTX MATT

Reaction score
Well I cant disagree, its all about the right place at the right time. Im usually in the right place at the wrong time.

Somewhere around 5 to 7 thousand. I have a car for sale now i'm expecting to get 6000 for. Just doing some searching ahead of time hoping I can find a deal that will be there when mine is sold. I dont mind traveling, but the further away it is the cheaper it has to be. Im looking for something that will probably be missing a drivetrain, but need some body work and have an interior that isnt ruined so I can get the body ironed out and toss in the old interior just to drive it so I can feel like I've got something accomplished and can drive the car sooner. I found one that fits my description but it needs the quarters rehung and floors reinstalled, they were done wrong somehow. I have to give the guy a call. I swear two weeks ago there were 5-10 that fit my description perfectly though just looking on ebay and the forums I frequent.

GTX MATT

Reaction score
Hmmm not a bad looking deal but im hoping to go with a Road Runner, that cars definately in nicer shape than a road runner would be for the same money. My cars not gone yet though, I still have to play the waiting game.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I looked at that car thru the showroom window one Sunday(I've got family in Beaver Falls).Looks sharp.
The right car is out there. After my fire, I looked all over the net, in mags, etc. I saw mine, passed on it, and ended up with it. Needs some work still, but all new interior,rebuilt engine, pretty solid. I saw some better(way more $$) and some worse (More $$) I was looking for something pretty complete, drivable,and a 4 speed. I didn;t have the parts stash, and no desire for a major project. Plus I needed to rebuild the garage. Mine fit all my needs, and I didn't have to go to Ft Knox to buy it.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
There is a lot of stuff on the market right now. Might be worth paying the 15 or so a month for a national seraach engine subscription for CL. Many people are just posing on there for free and that makes it hard to find stuff. The only way I would post on Ebay is going to cost over 100 bucks to do. So if I don't think the market is good, I would just post on CL for free if I were selling right now.

Back